lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:ValiantPawn123"

20 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Any tips to break 1900 in rapid?#12

I just want to say that all of the points above are valid but inadequate. If you really want to get past 1900 yes you have to be good at tactics but aside from that you need to be good at positional p…

ValiantPawn123
Game analysis - What's the correct plan here?#6

I think that after what happened in the game 22. Nxf5, you can't really make much progress, I mean your position is better but I don't think you can convert that the position. Only accessible pawn bre…

ValiantPawn123
General Chess Discussion - middle game :(#4

@Blitzkillsyourideas First of all you need to specify which area of the middlegame: tactics, strategy, attack, defense etc. Judging by your rating you probably need strategy. First of all I do not rec…

ValiantPawn123
Game analysis - If Chess is a draw game then why does white lose here?#6

@tpr That depends, often a move can change the evaluation drastically but very often few inaccuracies can do that too. Chess is all about accumulating small advantages according to Steinitz e.g. you g…

ValiantPawn123
Game analysis - Please explain why 5....h5 and 6.h4 are both blunders.#5

@Phenakismos I think computer's definition of a blunder is a move which loses significant advantage, not a move which loses on the spot as we perceive it , since you lost more than 3 points(according …

ValiantPawn123
Game analysis - Please explain why 5....h5 and 6.h4 are both blunders.#2

I think that the problem with h5 is that it is a clear target which you can exploit by Be2 and Nh4 since he also has wakened the e8-h5 diagonal by f6 you are guaranteed to get a large advantage by exp…

ValiantPawn123
General Chess Discussion - Netflix queens gambit#13

Apart from chess which is one of the main themes, the story is also intricate and entertaining. It is hard to give you further description as that would spoil it. It is the most popular series current…

ValiantPawn123
Off-Topic Discussion - Solution to Electric Energy storage ? Is this the solution? Let me know what do you think#18

@Monil-Mansukhani, I get what you mean, but it is necessary to make technological progress. The plan which you devised hypothetically is plausible. "Not every country will have this technology as you"…

ValiantPawn123
Off-Topic Discussion - Solution to Electric Energy storage ? Is this the solution? Let me know what do you think#13

@Monil-Mansukhani I get what you are saying, I think TESLA has done something similar only not on global scale. Though I really think that investing in these things would detriment progresses. I don't…

ValiantPawn123
Off-Topic Discussion - Solution to Electric Energy storage ? Is this the solution? Let me know what do you think#6

@Monil-Mansukhani, The most important factor is that people dislike the idea of globalism. Also a lot of energy would just be wasted while being transferred. And in a way it would stifle the technolog…

ValiantPawn123