lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:Roper300"

50 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Why do the top rated players who use this site mostly play bullet and blitz games?#33

@piscatorox You really can't be serious. For the kids back then Averbakh and Botvinnik were not good enough to analyze their games? Why none of them employed blitz as a training tool? If it is so good…

Roper300
General Chess Discussion - Why do the top rated players who use this site mostly play bullet and blitz games?#29

@ProfDrHack I didn't. Did I play blitz? More than anyone. Starting Friday night in the chess club(or in a friend's house) and ending Saturday morning(and not early the morning)! My posts are not about…

Roper300
General Chess Discussion - Why do the top rated players who use this site mostly play bullet and blitz games?#25

@Bill_Likes_Chess If there is one thing chessplayers are simply unparalleled is excuses. Chess players will say anything in order to play blitz and avoid hard work. For you it's cheaters , some will c…

Roper300
General Chess Discussion - Why do the top rated players who use this site mostly play bullet and blitz games?#24

@piscatorox No, learning chess is not different for the simple reason that the way the brain develops skills has remained EXACTLY THE SAME. Developing skills doesn't change with technology and we are …

Roper300
General Chess Discussion - Why do the top rated players who use this site mostly play bullet and blitz games?#22

@Bill_Likes_Chess If you had the chance to play a game against Carlsen, would you? On line chess is a blessing. You can play with players from all over the world. As is always the case with all good t…

Roper300
General Chess Discussion - Why do the top rated players who use this site mostly play bullet and blitz games?#19

Yes, they are all idiots.All GMs and trainers that created top GMs and world champions. All fallen victims of a myth.They had that amazing training tool just in front of their eyes but no one discover…

Roper300
Game analysis - Crushing the Sicilian in 23 moves (2200 vs 2300)#5

This g3 line is very dangerous against Kan and Taimanov. Very easy to underestimate.

Roper300
General Chess Discussion - Why do the top rated players who use this site mostly play bullet and blitz games?#15

If blitz was good for improvement all would be GMs. All these things said about how good blitz are good for those who play classical chess and study seriously, for all the rest blitz is harmful. Imagi…

Roper300
General Chess Discussion - Castling#4

Castling is forbidden if one of your pieces covers a square of King's route , rook's route is irrelevant.

Roper300
Game analysis - Positional Question in the English Opening#4

First , I want to say that I would never do what the engine does. It seems to me very unreasonable to block Bg2 and surrender Black squares. I assume all this has to do with Black's inability to find …

Roper300