lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:EdMoN2012"

79 forum posts
Edmon's arena - Garry Kasparov#1

Chess is far too complex to be definitively solved with any technology we can conceive of today. However, our looked-down-upon cousin, checkers, or draughts, suffered this fate quite recently thanks t…

EdMoN2012
Edmon's arena - Aron Nimzowitsch#1

Many men, many styles; what is chess style but the intangible expression of the will to win.

EdMoN2012

Enormous self-belief, intuition, the ability to take a risk at a critical moment and go in for a very dangerous play with counter-chances for the opponent - it is precisely these qualities that distin…

EdMoN2012
General Chess Discussion - World Championship of Titled Arena Announcement#27

ooo yes

EdMoN2012
Edmon's arena - Aron Nimzowitsch#1

Even the laziest king flees wildly in the face of a double check!

EdMoN2012
Edmon's arena - Mikhail Tal#1

I am both sad and pleased that in his last tournament, Rashid Gibiatovich came to my home in Latvia. He did not take first place, but the prize for beauty, as always, he took with him. Players die, to…

EdMoN2012
Edmon's arena - Viswanathan Anand#1

For me, chess is not a profession, it is a way of life, a passion. People may feel that I have conquered the peak and will not have to struggle. Financially, perhaps that is true; but as far as chess …

EdMoN2012

Boris Vasilievich was the only top-class player of his generation who played gambits regularly and without fear ... Over a period of 30 years he did not lose a single game with the King's Gambit, and …

EdMoN2012
Edmon's arena - Yefim Geller#1

From time to time, like many other players, I glance through my own games of earlier years, and return to positions and variations which have gone out of practice. I attempt to restore them, to find n…

EdMoN2012
Edmon's arena - Emanuel Lasker#1

In chess, as it is played by masters, chance is practically eliminated.

EdMoN2012