lichess.org
Donate

export games doesn't work

whenever i tried to export my games to pgn during the last daysi received the file "lichess_[user]_[date].pgn" 650kb of size. that file however i couldn't open with chessbase. in my texteditor i could read: "...<title>lichess - too many requests</title>..."
did i do something wrong? or is it a bug within lichess?
thnx in advance for your help!
You can make at most one export request per IP and per minute. Try again in one minute.
Thnx for your answer, but unfortunately trying more doesn't change the result. Am I the only one with this problem? Could my browser or some settings within be the reason?
You are not the only one. I had this problem too, but now its working again, no idea why. You should try again w incognito mode or after cleaning up the browser data/cache.
Interestingly, it works on my desktop (ubuntu/chrome).
But I get an empty file on my tablet (android 4.4.2/chrome) w http status 200. It works fine on the same tablet with firefox.
This seems to be another issue than the 429/too many requests thing, but this is somewhat strange… I can reproduce the too many requests response when trying to download again within one minute. It might be some browser problem and possibly your browser is firering two requests. It may be even a bad mouse button which is bouncing and so you get this error. At least I can reproduce the error when double clicking the download icon.

Try another mouse ;)
I too have this problem. Haven't been able to download games in PGN for a week or so. Tried another browser and the same result. It says "too many requests". This started happening the first time it asked for human-confirmation puzzle, before it didn't ask it for PGN download (and now not a single time it gave me PGN after I solved the puzzle), now I have to copy-paste each individual PGN when I want to analyze my games with chess GUI.
I have the same prob. Deleting the cookies didn't help.
I m starting to hate these puzzles.
my problem was solved last wednesday. i have a plugin "flashgot" to download files wit h certain extensions from websites. when i removed "*.pgn" from the properties there i could export my games from lichess.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.