lichess.org
Donate

playing a opponent where you have more time to play the game.

I don't know how to set up a game where I have a half hour or our to play your opponent. my rating is getting crushed because I got stuck in a blitz game or rapid game. I could use some help. Thanks.
Click "30+0 Classical" or "30+20 Classical" in the "Quick game" section of the main page. Or click "Custom" and setup a time control you like - but then you risk you may have to wait a bit for someone to pick your challenge. Once you have finished at least 5 rated games, you can also join the lichess-swiss team (lichess.org/team/lichess-swiss) and play their tournaments (there is a 5 round 30+0 tournament every six hours).
I saw you timed out in a 5+15 game. Unless you disconnected I cannot see how anyone can really lose on time with 15 second increment.

If you want to play something closer to classical there is 30+20 and there are some clubs with even longer time controls, but maybe a few 30+20 games, which are long so set aside a couple of hours to play such a game. That is still faster than regular classical chess, which is closer to 30+45
@cashcow8 said in #4:
> Unless you disconnected I cannot see how anyone can really lose on time with 15 second increment.
Keeping track of time and adjusting your pace to it takes getting used to. I have been playing with a clock quite a lot in the past (but mechanical so no increments) so I'm not completely inexperienced and yet I recently managed to time out with more than a minute available before that last move.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.