lichess.org
Donate

h3: Hero or Zero?

What does h3 mean?(I know what they are but in this case)and what is a hero? Or zero?
@ProfessorBooty said in #3:
> Can you link us to the study?

Yes, here ya go: lichess.org/study/7zU963UO

I tried to post it in the blog but it didn't do what I thought it would. This was my first time writing so there was a learning curve. I am writing up the h3/h3 blog now, which will show specifically how to fight against h3/h6 moves later in the game.
@RyanVelez said in #4:
> Yes, here ya go: lichess.org/study/7zU963UO
>
> I tried to post it in the blog but it didn't do what I thought it would. This was my first time writing so there was a learning curve. I am writing up the h3/h3 blog now, which will show specifically how to fight against h3/h6 moves later in the game.

Thanks. Maybe you should edit the blog?

Other than that I like it and I'll look at the study now.
Yes, editing is a little less straight forward. I started editing some of it today. I am aware there are a few errors and one of the games was double posted. I appreciate the feedback (my second post is much better).
T@tagiahan08052016 said in #7:
> oksss

So, I just logged in to try to edit it since I had time. For example, in my 2nd "Good h3 Pawn Move" example, the article has it beginning at the last move. I wanted to fix that. So, here is everything I do to try to fix it:

1. Edit the moves in the study (this did not reflect in the article).
2. When I go to copy the study chapter link, I check off the box "Start in initial position." I repaste the link - no change.
3. I make a brand new chapter with the same PGN data - no change.
4. I make a new chapter from scratch and no pgn - no change.

So, I am a little beside myself on how to edit it. I am also a little beside myself on how it posted up this way to begin with (though, user error is likely the cause, I am certain my approach toward fixing it is reasonable, but not working).

Anyway, my second article in this series is much better. Seems easier to simply try to get it right the first time because there is something about editing errors that I am missing.
@Akasushiking333 said in #2:
> What does h3 mean?(I know what they are but in this case)and what is a hero? Or zero?

h3 is a common move people play. It is usually bad - that is what the article explores. Hero or Zero means "Is h3 a good move or a poor move?" It is a metaphor for fun. I chose the word "Hero" because it starts with the letter h.
@ProfessorBooty said in #5:
> Thanks. Maybe you should edit the blog?
>
> Other than that I like it and I'll look at the study now.

Managed to edit it a lot today. I figured out that some of the games posted wrong and it had to do with how I was selecting an option for PGN displaying. Edited the PGNs and that was fine! Anyway, thanks for the motivation - just glad I had time today to fix it all.