lichess.org
Donate

Why I don't like zoos

@HiramHolliday said in #10:
> So...In your world,meat-eaters are crackers?
having a low opinion of animals is not a prerequisite to eating meat

it is however a prerequisite to being a low human
the animals look very sad in zoos,some of them dont move at all,they just stare outside somewhere,zoos are so depressing,i didnt see that when i was a kid,i went to a zoo as a grown up and it upset me alot,i felt very sorry for the animals,i didnt see one animal that was happy,there was this elephant that looked sick,the lions were so sad,i could see it in their faces,The chimpanzees were acting crazy,there was an eagle who was staying still staring still,no movement from the eagle,i observed him for more than a couple minutes,that eagle is supposed to fly,in conclusion,it is bad to prison animals to make money or entertainment for people
Animals should be in wild...protected...if u want to watch...go to that country... bolster their economy
@Dukedog said in #1:
> So I'm at the San Diego zoo.
> It's a huge zoo,I mean you can spend a whole day
> and not see the whole zoo.
> Anyway it's the seventies, I'm a little stoned and just wandering around the zoo and I come to the orangutan exhibit.
>
> There's a female orangutan hanging upside down from a bar
> Pissing on herself
> It was funny
> Yet shockingly sad
> There happened to be a docent nearby
> And he told me be careful
> She likes to throw shit
>
> I remember thinking
> I would too
>
> A victim of captivity
Is this a poem
we never put ourself in shoe
how come we know how the animals are going...
leave animal aside
humans are not leaving humans only
killing each other and torturing
I still remember a zoo I visited some ten years ago. Here was the macaques cage. I approached it and started observing them. One small macaque headed towards me, exactly on the other side of the glass wall, and proceeded to ostensibly show me his butt.

Since then, I think language is more universal than we usually assume.