lichess.org
Donate

Suggestion: Overview pages

When you hover with your mouse cursor over the menus at the top of the page ("play","puzzles", etc.) a sub menu opens so you can select something more specific. If you just click on the menus, you are either directed to wherever the first entry of the sub menu leads to, or there is a overview page in between (e.g. when you click "learn"). Not only is this behavior inconsistent between different entries of the main menu, it is also not nice for devices with touch input, since there is no hovering over menus. For example, I cannot easily start a puzzle streak from the main page on a tablet, since clicking "puzzle" immediately leads to the puzzle page. Thus, I suggest to add overview pages like the one for "Learn" to all menus on top of the page, in order to be able to access the sub menu from there.
@JKheidegg said in #1:
> For example, I cannot easily start a puzzle streak from the main page on a tablet, since clicking "puzzle" immediately leads to the puzzle page.

On my tablet (Android/Chrome), tapping on Puzzle reveals the menu rather than opening a puzzle. Then, I can pick Puzzle Streak.

Are you clicking or tapping?
<Comment deleted by user>
@mcgoves said in #2:

> Are you clicking or tapping?

Tapping, I guess. I am on a Surface Tablet, so maybe, this has something to do with windows (10) ?

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.