lichess.org
Donate

Warning of loosing on time in "bullet"

I was playing 2+1 in this game : lichess.org/lBJKX5Rz/white
Played badly and all.
So, I loss on time, because well I was losing on the board and panicking and that's what happen in bullet, and I got that warning "Warning, mathematico. Letting time run out instead of resigning will result in a temporary ban." by looking at the analyse board we see that I thought for 24 secs on one of the last move and something like 30 secs in the middle of the game, so my question is , why did I get the warning?

I knew very well I was loosing and I didn't doubt my opponent skill to finish me off but I wanted to try to think my last 30 secs a way out, I didn't found one but I tried. I didn't waste my opponent 2 min, 5 min, 15min or an hour, It was 30 secs and I got a warning, I'm assuming I got it because the banning/warning code work with like a fraction of total time controls. I don't think it is the right way to do it, maybe add a lower limit or something.

When you get in a losing position or into a forced mate and your time reaches 0:00.00 you get an warning.
I believe it's an attempt to prevent players from just stop playing when they're in a losing position. The developers are probably fine tuning it, but everything has hiccups.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.