lichess.org
Donate

Your least liked topic?

I hate topics such as "Why was I banned?" or "So and so was cheating and here's proof!"

And like @LordSupremeChess I don't really like the song topics although (maybe unlike them) I don't hate them either :)

I think at the end of the day it's our problem for opening the topic and also our problem if we dislike said topic. Doesn't make sense to police what other people might be interested in because we don't like it.
@greenteakitten said in #4:
> Then why do you post in it so much if you dislike it so much?
Because there is still some people who think Hamas are terrorists and IDF aren't.
Israel x Hamas (before this it was Israel x Palestine), and Russia x Ukraine. They're definitely important and interesting topics, but many times it just devolves into a circlejerking competition where it's just "The saturated media I consume >> the saturated media you consume"
@ChessHydra said in #8:
> Israel x Hamas (before this it was Israel x Palestine), and Russia x Ukraine. They're definitely important and interesting topics, but many times it just devolves into a circlejerking competition where it's just "The saturated media I consume >> the saturated media you consume"

I think it comes down to this idea of tribalism and groupthink, where we stop thinking deeply about things and just kinda decide to believe whatever we want to believe (don't believe what we don't want to believe). I think they make for interesting discussions as long as they're respectful - and they also show a wide range of opinions (instead of just, "Look, I'm surrounded by people that agree with me!")

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.