Introducing Lichess Curator. Brilliant studies by brilliant people.
Hear me, and rejoice! Are you tired of spending hours upon hours on an educational study that no one will see? Do you want to share your analysis with the good citizens of lichess? Do you want to show off your coaching skills? Say no more.
Introducing Lichess Curator.
The idea is simple. You make good stuff, we promote it on our platforms, Twitter, Facebook and through blogposts. As a result people get to enjoy and learn from the best studies available. A win-win-win scenario.
What we are looking for:
- Quality educational content.
- Newsworthy content.
- Studies that showcase the beautiful aspects of chess.
This includes, but is not limited to: Studies teaching how to play openings, middlegames, endgames, and studies with annoted instructional games, composed puzzles.
What we are not looking for:
- Copyrighted content.
- Uneducational content.
- Low effort studies.
Examples of quality studies:
An opening repertoire for black against the London system aimed to educate players. Made by IM @TatoSarane.
A collection of beautiful composed puzzles. Made by FM @thijscom.
- Know your target audience. Which rating group is your study aimed against? A FIDE rated player of 2882 might not enjoy the same content as a player rated at 1500. Design your study to cater to the target audience.
- Make your study presentable.
- KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid. Why waste time say lot word when few word do trick?
- Don't try to cover too much. Often it's better and easier to focus a study on one theme or one thing within the chess universe.
- Be sure you have knowledge about the theme you are trying to cover. Try not to include stuff that is blatantly wrong.
- Feel free to use interactive lessons and practice with the computer chapters. To learn how click here.
How to enter your study into consideration:
Please remember to include a link to your study and an explanation of why your study should be shown to the world. Ideally by showing how it fulfills one or more of the aspects listed in the "What we are looking for" section. Make sure your study isn't set to private. Please keep in mind that every study will have to be manually reviewed.
Thank you for all the brilliant studies I know you all will make.