lichess.org

March 2020 Students forum

Welcome to the March 2020 Students forum!
Only members of the team can post here, but everybody can read.

Let's start with these old school approach
Please introduce yourself and your chess experience.
I am your teacher, Rommel Bueno from Philippines
29 years old and a non master with fide rating of 1990
I was playing chess since I was 8 years old.

I am Vishal Sharma from India. I am currently a university student doing my masters in mathematics and computer sciences from one of the best colleges of my country. I have started playing chess when I was 13, my dad taught me then I played for straight 6 years before leaving chess due to acedemics pressure and now again I have started playing from past 6 months on different platforms and otb with friends too. I am an amateur player who plays just for fun. I have read some openings and watch chess videos on you tube especially from agadmator, helps a lot. But I have never studied mid or end games. Just learning with a positive mindset. Here to improve with the help of my mentor who is very motivating and encouraging.

My name is Steve, I'm 38 years old, and I only learned how to play chess around 1 year ago, but I've been absolutely obsessed with it ever since! I've participated in 3 FIDE-rated tournaments, playing a total of 9 games. I lost 7, drew 1, and won 1. Lot's of room for improvement.

I am Jason Lim from Malaysia, 14 years old only, I know the rules of chess since I was 7 years old, but started playing more last year. I am an amateur, always looking for ways to improve my chess, so I participate in this class.

I'm Waldek from Poland. I'm 43 year old. I learned how to play chess from books 25 years ago. I played chess with my children but stopped play when my children grew up. I retry started playing in October 2019. I always want develop in many aspects my life and now I develop in chess game because chess is beautiful and creative game.

Im Pendru from France 21 years old , i started to play chess end of 2015 and being addicted to it till back since.

Hello you guys, I'm Justin from Zambia. Much like Vishal, I was taught by my dad when I was a kid. I stopped playing at 13 after he passed, rarely playing OTB in school.

Funny story is when I came to rediscover chess in 2018, about the same time I joined Lichess, was when I learned that there are such things as Chess Servers, Chess Tournaments, and a World Chess Champion! I was so behind its embarrassing 😂😂😂

So now I play for fun, learning from streamed tournaments, from chess streamers like Eric Rosen, agadmator and a few others. I know 1 or 2 openings, my favourite being d4 and looking to learn some more, time allowing.

Reconnecting