Jim @RazorBoy
Leo @Rodeo
Philip @knottychess24
JJ @K_A_L_E
Jason @theratrivertrapper
Henri @ginoux
Ricardo @metalinguistic
Matt @wmiltti

Ok - I think we are ready to go start again!

Welcome to Matt who joins us for this one

Matt has created a spreadsheet for us which looks easier to use - so I will share that link shortly

There are still a few games to finish from our April tournament - please do finish those, particularly the games with Phil - so we can find our winner!

These are our rules
1. Please remember that we are:
Fairplay 4040 Chess Community
We are ethical chess players and we promote Fair Play!
We agree to play without using chess engines, books, notes, consulting other players and any other similar resources
2. Schedule games by mutual agreement - on the forum or by direct message. Games can be played in any order, irrespective of 'round'. Schedule times using UTC please to avoid confusion
3. This tournament will end August 2021.
4. The time control is 40 minutes + 40 seconds increment per move.
5. Please greet your opponent by name, not by handle
6. Please type *handshake* to start the game.
7. End of game - please say 'well played, thanks for the game!' or similar. (many players enjoy analysing the match afterwards - do try to make time for this if you can - it can be very enjoyable and instructive)
8. Put the game link in the fixture list and update the table with results
9. Have fun! You are playing an honest and fair chess player! Be sportsmanlike in all matters!
10. Prize!! On behalf of the winner I will nominate a project to which I will make a donation (and attribute to our Fairplay 4040 Chess Community) to www.lendwithcare.org. - feel free to take a look at our league page here and make a donation yourself if you want to.

Jon @mronemore
Laurent @hicetnunc
Jim @RazorBoy
Leo @Rodeo
Philip @knottychess24
JJ @K_A_L_E
Henri @ginoux
Ricardo @metalinguistic
Matt @wmiltti

Also, on behalf of the league, I have donated our prize money and made a small donation to the projects we fund
lendwithcare.org

Please consider taking a look - it is a microfinancing charity - you choose an entrepreneur to fund (from $20 USD a time) - and the entrepreneur you fund repays the loan - after that, you can remove your donation - or choose to reinvest it with another entrepreneur - the donations start to compound so a single donation can be re-used multiple times over - any donation and amount you choose to make is anonymous - but should you wish you can attribute it as coming from our Fairplay 4040 Chess Community

lendwithcare.org/teams/fairplay-4040-chess-community

Since Spet 2019 our Fairplay4040 community has now helped to fund

14 (+2 from last time) loans
78 (+5) entrepreneurs
319 (+31) family members helped
44 jobs created

thank you all!

Jon @mronemore
Laurent @hicetnunc
Jim @RazorBoy
Leo @Rodeo
Philip @knottychess24
JJ @K_A_L_E
Henri @ginoux
Ricardo @metalinguistic
Matt @wmiltti

Congratulations to Philip - winning our April tournament with a well deserved 7.5/9
Well done also to Jim - runner-up this time with 6.5/9

ok - well for the rest of us we can now start to plan our revenge?

Thank you to Matt who joins us for our next one - he has updated and improved our results spreadsheet - link here

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10utRJI9XE3sZn7riYsrR0g-cE4Ir0HPUFi0k465VyBE/edit?usp=sharing

We can still arrange our games in any order to suit - with the aim to finish by 22nd August 2021

Looking forward to seeing you all over the board again soon

I'm also free from 1400 UTC to 1800 UTC tomorrow (thurs) if any of you want to kick things off

@K_A_L_E will get back to you as soon as I can.

All:

You should be able to submit your results via the form linked on the “summary” page, and results should automatically update in the “ScheduleAndResults” page.

If you enter your name in the “IndividualSchedule” page it should bring up your pairings.

Hopefully the spreadsheet is fairly self-explanatory but please do let me know if you have any questions as to how to use it! (or if you spot any deliberate errors in it...)

@wmiltti
@K_A_L_E

Matt - Thanks for setting up the very cool spreadsheet. It looks like you've made it easy for us.

JJ - I'll get back to you with some times.

-Jim

Thank you Matt @wmiltti for revamping our spreadsheet !

I can't play until early June, but then I should have a lot of free time.

Hi all - re scheduling, I should have some time this Sunday evening UK time and various times on Monday if anyone’s around. Other than that, usually Thursdays at around 730 UK time are likely to be quite good, don’t want to start too much later than that if I can avoid it as a long game could run very late!

Join the Fairplay 4040 Chess Community team, to post in this forum

Reconnecting