lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:x3333"

13 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - how to view the rest of the solution in puzzles?#1

In puzzles when I click "view the solution" (a blue link near bottom-right on desktop, above the back and forward buttons) it shows the correct first move. How do I see the rest of the solution? EDIT:…

x3333
General Chess Discussion - how would you feel about any additional information visualized on the board?#1

I notice that when you click a piece it gives you a hint about where you can move it. I noticed even Magnus Carlsen took advantage of this! When playing on a mobile phone he would press a knight to se…

x3333
General Chess Discussion - on Chrome lichess seems to ignore my language subdomain?#4

RapidVariants, no I already had it set to English in Chrome (in the settings you suggest). That's why I was surprised. Anyway it just seems I needed to select English again from within the Lichess web…

x3333
General Chess Discussion - on Chrome lichess seems to ignore my language subdomain?#2

oh. it worked to just select the language from within the lichess interface. I guess it's set per-browser or something. really weird.

x3333
General Chess Discussion - on Chrome lichess seems to ignore my language subdomain?#1

Going to http://en.lichess.org on firefox, I get the page in English as expected. I'm signed in and I think my language is set to English within lichess's website settings. but doing the same thing on…

x3333
General Chess Discussion - is this a dirty tactic?#1

sometimes when the other person's time is running out but I have quite a bit more than them, I'll let my clock run for 15 seconds as though I'm deeply analyzing the position coming up with some hidden…

x3333
Game analysis - on move 22 why does computer suggest hanging a knight?#7

Thanks everyone!

x3333
Game analysis - on move 22 why does computer suggest hanging a knight?#4

nopunchman - thanks for the analysis! In a blitz game, what level of player would have seen, as white, that taking the knight is poisoned (due to the line you outlined)? White is way ahead in the forc…

x3333
Game analysis - on move 22 why does computer suggest hanging a knight?#1

On move 22 the computer analysis suggests ...NxD4 is the correct move by black, taking a pawn and hanging the knight that takes it. I looked at the computer's analysis line, and in it on the reply mov…

x3333
General Chess Discussion - I suggest that you warn for games < 5 minutes if there is a site update due during the expected game#3

That's why I said "a warning". You can just click okay if you don't care (like you), or cancel otherwise (like me). That's my suggestion anyway.

x3333