lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:russell2601"

53 forum posts
Lichess Feedback - Slow server analysis#1

I'm finding server analysis of games much slower than previously. Is there anything that can be done about this? Or any tools I could use to do this locally on my PC?

russell2601
General Chess Discussion - The reasons I have stopped reporting cheaters.#34

@IKV2025 said in #32: > I would appreciate short notice from Lichess - like "reviewed, not sufficient evidence of cheating to ban player you reported". Believe this can be easily automated. Otherwise …

russell2601
General Chess Discussion - Which time controls help you improve the most and which ones don’t.#14

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned correspondance. It's improved my game enormously because you effectively have as much time as you want when the position gets complicated. I tend to play about 30 ga…

russell2601
General Chess Discussion - Taking holiday/annual leave in correspondence games#7

Vacation time while playing correspondance is also available on Red Hot Pawn / Daily Chess, or Gameknot. On here I compensate by playing 3 days/move (rather than the 1 day/move I played on the other s…

russell2601
General Chess Discussion - Bullet addiction#10

@Rubyris Bullet chess is totally absorbing because time is so short it grabs all of your attention. This stops you thinking about the rest of your life and stops you having to experience the emotions …

russell2601
General Chess Discussion - 50% of correspondance games timed out!#1

I spent a few months playing correspondance chess on dailychess.com/redhotpawn.com recently and games timing out because my opponent hadn't moved were a rarity. Since coming back to lichess - mainly t…

russell2601
General Chess Discussion - Are games getting faster?#7

Sorry I wasn't trying to create a mystery! I've been playing on Chess Tempo which, whilst different to lichess, is also a great site :)

russell2601
General Chess Discussion - Are games getting faster?#1

I've played 3 minute chess for many years, more recently on another site. On coming back here, most of my opponents are playing much faster than on the other site, and quicker than I remember. So my o…

russell2601
General Chess Discussion - How to play against continual premoves?#4

@SD_2709 Good advice. It's why I mainly play correspondance so I have as much time as I want to think about things so I can avoid just playing the same mistakes over and over... which is what I tend t…

russell2601
General Chess Discussion - How to play against continual premoves?#1

So I sometimes play a bit of blitz. My opponent today premoved the first 12 moves in the game! At one point he went down 5.5 points as he blundered but I was so taken aback by the speed that I rushed …

russell2601