lichess.org

Search "user:mcoombes314"

763 posts found
General Chess Discussion - Stockfish cant find Stockfish's mistake. But SF still lose. :)#2

My guess is trhat the Stockfish that played the game was using a much higher search depth than the Stockffish which is analysing the game. SF analysis may see good moves as "mistakes" if the reason th…

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - How many users can Lichess handle?#6

I remember the first marathon, and the havoc that caused. Thankfully things are a lot better now.

mcoombes314
General Chess Discussion - Topic I posted got deleted with no notification#8

TBH, it looks like you were trying to get around the "no public shaming" thing by saying "I played a game against Player X, I think it's suspicious so can you all have a look?" rather than saying "Loo…

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - Why politics on Lichess?#308

Arguments about climate change always descend into mudslinging. Take Greta for example: she is not saying anything new, yet the main arguments are "what does she know?" or "she's just a child". Both t…

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - Report about abusive players#3

It's explained when you create a topic..... https://imgur.com/a/msGchfy

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - premove loss BUG#5

Sarg0n is correct. The move is "piece to square", e.g. Re3. If your opponent has a piece on e3 when you make the premove, it is still Re3, not Rxe3.

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - Opponents should not be allow to claim victory if a forced mate is on the board.#2

This would require computer monitoring of every game, and if implemented, would stretch to mate in 2, 3, 10, 20, who knows how far. That would be very resource intensive, and impractical.

mcoombes314
General Chess Discussion - Observation about Lichess' warning "letting time run out may..."#4

It's a warning. Nothing will happen if you time out like this occasionally, only if you do so often. I think it's a good idea to put the message there as it tells people about the ban.

mcoombes314
General Chess Discussion - Lichess on alexa#2

When I read the title, I imagined someone using Alexa (voice control) to make moves on Lichess. "Alexa, create new rated blitz game". "Alexa, play e4." etc.

mcoombes314
General Chess Discussion - How many warnings for suckasses who run the clock?#4

@nayf There's a report function for that.....

mcoombes314
Reconnecting