lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:mCoombes314"

981 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Lichess Half-Year Update & New Feature Sneak Preview#79

I am SO looking forward to the Tutor feature, it looks like an interesting approach. I like the "normal" learning approach of things like Chessable but the idea of "here's how the masters do it, copy …

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - Latest changes on Lichess#30

The new "time pressure" filter is great! A question though, what do the terms actually mean, eg is "about to flag" <10 seconds, <5 or <1? Does each term mean something different in hyperbullet, bullet…

mcoombes314
General Chess Discussion - Candidates Day Twelve: Nepomniachtchi almost home#7

"The pinnacle of GM draw technology, designed to be Sofia-rules resistant." - sounds like a product placement/ad for the opening.... I like it.

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - Feature request: auto-cancel rematch request if opponent leaves#1

Most people seem to just leave the page if they don't want a rematch, rather than declining the rematch offer. It would be nice if such things could be detected by the site so that people don't waste …

mcoombes314
Game analysis - Premoved with 0.01 left but still lost on time :(#6

Premoves are not sent to the server when made, they are sent as soon as your clock starts, and are stored locally until then. If time remaining < your ping, you'll time out. You can see this happening…

mcoombes314
Game analysis - People who resign before a nice Mate.#4

@SuryanarayananmsCCS 4 actually, Rf7# and also O-O#

mcoombes314
General Chess Discussion - Super GMs are a disgrace to the chess world#4

Because chess is most likely a draw with perfect play - of course the best players are likely to draw a lot

mcoombes314
General Chess Discussion - What's the biggest advantage you've seen ?#4

On Lichess, it is +/- 99. Running an engine offline there is no limit, although as the number gets higher it is more likely to becom mate in N as depth increases.

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - A different kind of puzzle.#3

The thing is that if a puzzle is (for example) a mate in 2, and you miss it, the position could be any evaluation. Is it a game dominated by black, where white suddenly has the chance for a swindle? I…

mcoombes314
Game analysis - Two similar acpl games, suspicious#5

If you believe a player is cheating, use the report function, don't ask on the forums. FWIW, ACPL alone is not a good indicator of game accuracy - for example, if white has a large advantage for most …

mcoombes314