lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:a1658ab"

28 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - How to dicrease ponits in lichess#5

On the home page in go to the lobby tab then settings. There you can set the type of game you want to, the rating range you want to play against, and the time constants. When you back to the lobby tab…

a1658ab
Lichess Feedback - Points deduction in puzzles#2

easy with the giving HEAVY with the taking

a1658ab
General Chess Discussion - what opening to advise for a beginner?#20

You can survey different openings at chessopenings.com. National master Dereque Kelley provides concise information on approximately 20 different openings and defenses, from the Alekhine Defense to th…

a1658ab
General Chess Discussion - what opening to advise for a beginner?#14

IMHO As White: London system or Queen's Gambit As Black : French Defense against 1.e4 King's Indian Defense against 1.d4 All these are solid and easy to learn. They can be played against almost anythi…

a1658ab
General Chess Discussion - lost internet conection#5

I lost internet service twice today. The first game should have been a draw but he claimed the win. The second I blundered a Rook and would have lost anyway. Still blamed it on bad internet service.

a1658ab
General Chess Discussion - I need help getting a higher rating, any tips?#20

1001 Brilliant ways to Checkmate by Fred Reinfied. I only on puzzle 80 but so far it has helped me enormously on pattern recognition, tactics and combinations. I have the book but if you click on " LE…

a1658ab
General Chess Discussion - Checkmate for Black against White's castled king#1

Everyone knows the Greek Gift for White against Black's short castled king. Lasker's two bishop sacrifice is well known. I am looking for similar tactics for Black. When I Google checkmates for Black …

a1658ab
General Chess Discussion - What is a blindfold account and how do you create one?#1

Why would you create a blindfold account?

a1658ab
General Chess Discussion - Chess cheating - Result from survey among players at chess.com, lichess.org and reddit chess forum#14

It is good to see that as people progress cheating diminishes. Maybe an Arena for beginners or for those who wish to play without consequence. Sometimes I play a casual game to experiment with a move …

a1658ab
General Chess Discussion - Runners#8

@spliffle @Eleuthero I agree with spliffle and Eleuthero. I try to analysis each game immediately so I get see how my unbeatable opening ( thank you Eric Rosen ) got destroyed. Besides with a finite n…

a1658ab