lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:GSP0113"

262 forum posts
Community Blog Discussions - A Lifehack to Speed up the Growth in Chess#4

Sorry, but living as if one has a loaded gun pressed to your head doesn't sound like much of a life.

gsp0113
General Chess Discussion - Telling a guy I’m going to tell#8

@boilingFrog First time I've seen anyone suggest that. What makes you think every analyzed game is submitted for cheat analysis?

GSP0113
General Chess Discussion - Question re: average player ratings#5

@MrPushwood Thank you for the helpful response; I really appreciate it. I would agree about the quality of my study, if one can call it that. I've never dedicated X amount of time per day to chess stu…

GSP0113
General Chess Discussion - Question re: average player ratings#4

@bravethetawave Thanks for the friendly and non-judgmental advice. That's a sensible observation regarding Chess.com -- and I have to trust you're right that these 1500+ ratings aren't being obtained …

GSP0113
General Chess Discussion - Question re: average player ratings#1

What is the average, non-professional chess player rated? I ask because I have been playing chess for nearly 50 years -- and if I REALLY work at it, I can get my rating here up to 1500. I've read at l…

GSP0113
General Chess Discussion - Spectating#6

My problem with spectators: Occasionally it appears a spectator is working with my opponent and giving him moves, either by text messages, DMs, or even in the Lichess comments. This just happened to m…

GSP0113
General Chess Discussion - How serious are you with chess?#8

5, I'd say. At this point in life (I'm 58), I've pretty much identified the limits of how well I can play (around 1600) without putting in a great deal of effort. I will never be any kind of major tal…

GSP0113
General Chess Discussion - How to get to a 1500 rating in rapid?#14

For most of the past year, I've floated between 1500 and 1600. There are plenty of stronger chess players who've already given advice. What I can bring to the table here is concise, realistic advice t…

GSP0113
General Chess Discussion - Why is there such a huge discrepancy betwwen my Lichess and Chesscom rating?#13

@The_Human_Paradox That's a pile of knight manure. I didn't say people are "mean," I said repeated downvoting without explanation is "mean-spirited," which it is. In terms of Chess.com, I played on th…

GSP0113
General Chess Discussion - Why is there such a huge discrepancy betwwen my Lichess and Chesscom rating?#10

@drmrboss That kind of mean-spirited, repeated downvoting I don't get. You have some issue with my comment, how about speaking up and explaining your position?

GSP0113