lichess.org

Search "user:GSP0113"

88 posts found
General Chess Discussion - Is chess a sport#9

I consider the noun "sport" to refer to a game based on physical activity and athleticism. Ergo, chess is definitely not a sport. Any athleticism is incidental. If people want to claim it's a sport be…

GSP0113
General Chess Discussion - I see cheating people#8

@Toscani I guess you're thinking is that cheaters are often using browser add-ons? I'm not sure at all that's the case. I would guess a lot of cheaters use a chess app on their phones, which (of cour…

GSP0113
General Chess Discussion - What determines the rating given for a player PER GAME?#3

Short answer: If you beat a player much higher-rated than you, you gain more points than if you beat someone rated closely to you. Conversely, if you lose to a player much lower-rated than you, you lo…

GSP0113
General Chess Discussion - This Thread Has Been Closed!#2

Interesting topic. I don't know what the protocol is, but I imagine moderators are allowed to exercise their discretion and close a thread if they judge it to be unproductive (e.g., a discussion betwe…

GSP0113
General Chess Discussion - I see cheating people#5

It's a complicated topic, for sure. Fortunately, there are a number of important points that are helpful to focus on: 1. The number of honest players on Lichess far outweighs the number of cheaters…

GSP0113
General Chess Discussion - When you give mate but still don't know it's already mate.#5

@LaserGuy Love it. Very nice. I'll have to bookmark these kinds of games of mine going forward. I know it happens about once a week that I'll be surprised by my own checkmate of my opponent. "Huh? Wha…

GSP0113
General Chess Discussion - The new trend on Lichess: "NO REMATCH"#62

@Bukowskithebum Uhhh, no. This one has "Dishes it out, but can't take it" written all over it. Out of nothing but your own mind, you've invented insulting motivations for every player on here who does…

GSP0113
General Chess Discussion - The new trend on Lichess: "NO REMATCH"#60

@Bukowskithebum Awwww. Not so fun when others play the amateur psychiatrist, is it? I'll file this one under "Dishes it out, but can't take it."

GSP0113
General Chess Discussion - The new trend on Lichess: "NO REMATCH"#58

@Bukowskithebum You've never noticed that an angry player often plays differently than someone calm? And you've never encountered players who are obviously angered after you've beat them? Please. D…

GSP0113
General Chess Discussion - The new trend on Lichess: "NO REMATCH"#40

When I play online chess, I usually play just two games at a time. After the first game, I usually want a five-minute mental break where I review the game. After the second game, I'm planning to log o…

GSP0113
Reconnecting