lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:Bayabas423"

10 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - How to know if the opponent is cheating or using a bot or something like that?#1

I am curious to know the signs of a cheating opponent. Yes, I have played with opponents who simply leaves the game, and I feel they are human players. There are those whose moves suddenly change from…

Bayabas423
General Chess Discussion - Can I improve on my own by playing so many games?#19

@ioxod, It would have been nice to have quality coaching, since I am naturally a fast learner, but I can never afford that. Whatever little money I have goes to the medicines that old people like me n…

Bayabas423
General Chess Discussion - Can I improve on my own by playing so many games?#17

@ jonesmh Lately, I have the feeling that chess was designed as a playground for terrorists rather than a game where players can enjoy after a sortie on the board. Even having a tooth extracted brings…

Bayabas423
General Chess Discussion - Can I improve on my own by playing so many games?#15

@ CzarSquid, Certainly no, I have no dreams of becoming a Grandmaster at this game. That will not bring much satisfaction to me. I would prefer winning the jackpot in a lottery, and that is many times…

Bayabas423
General Chess Discussion - Can I improve on my own by playing so many games?#12

Thanks all for the inputs. Maybe chess is not for me after all.

Bayabas423
General Chess Discussion - Can I improve on my own by playing so many games?#8

Thanks @tpr , yes, that is one of my so very bad habits that I find it hard to undo. I play so fast. That is probably psychological due to the fact that when I started the game as a child, my mother w…

Bayabas423
General Chess Discussion - Can I improve on my own by playing so many games?#3

Thanks General. I came across Hanging Pawns at YT, and he seems to provide in depth analysis. As a beginner, I still have a hard time understanding everything in one sitting.

Bayabas423
General Chess Discussion - Can I improve on my own by playing so many games?#1

Bruce Lee said, "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times". If I play so many games of one particular Opening, will I improve …

Bayabas423
General Chess Discussion - Lichess says I am rated 800, can anyone kindly help me improve?#23

Thank you all for the kind words and positive encouragements. Yes, I am a complete newbie, I stopped playing game before there was algebraic notation even. But, like someone pointed out, I believe I k…

Bayabas423
General Chess Discussion - Lichess says I am rated 800, can anyone kindly help me improve?#1

I played chess when I was a little boy. Had to stop for family reasons...came back playing after never touching a chess piece for over fifty years. Now I am retired and in my sunset years. I got back …

Bayabas423