lichess.org
Donate

Serving Lag & Time Policy loosing games

Lately I've been getting server lag that has the server take 15 seconds or more to respond. While this isn't great in itself, the fact that the server is charging the time to my clock makes games impossible to play.
OK. But network lag makes the game unplayable because of their time policy. By running your clock when the network lags, you simply can't hope to win rapid or blitz games and that means that you simply can't play when you get network lag. Does it have to be that way? Imean, your computer know you sent the move (and can put a time stamp on it if necessary). Yes, someone might be able to think of a way of abusing it, but is that worse than people simply being unable to use the site at all?
#3 yes it is worse than simply not being able to use the site (If you have a good internet connection why should someone be able to abuse that?). Get a better connection or don't play unfortunately.
It isn't the individual internet connection. Mine is fine. You might actually look at the link.

aliaslkw's post indicates it is lag in the _internet_ (for me, probably between the US and the EU?). Which is unavoidable. And generally things not working at all is worse than things woking poorly.
Migh be helpfull... So ive been having same "lag when PING and SERVER are fine" problem. My connection is solid but almost evry game, 3 or 4 moves in to the game my opponent goes into deep thinking session and loses on time. Next I found out that you can unlag it by switching between WiFi and cellular data . Now I'm stuck doing that every move.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.