lichess.org
Donate

Are Russians and Belorussians are barred from playing on Lichess

@NaturalBornTraveller said in #41:
>
Great whatabout. Always an answer to everything.

@clousems said in #42:
>
Not totally clear why they should present their flag then. And it's the similar logic why Germany should take russians running from mobilization. No, they are not against the war. Yes, needed amount of russian cannon fodder will be mobilized anyway. And no, people running from mobilization will not do anything constructive to their country as well. There are literally no pros...
@Alex_1987 said in #43:
> Great whatabout. Always an answer to everything.
I didn't provide any answers, I provided a response to #1 in the form of questions.

But why is this Ukrainian/russian war so much more important to you than, for example, those conflicts I mentioned in #41?

The Ukraine/Russia war isn't the only current ongoing war on this planet. There are lots of them.
Not to mention a huge ongoing global climate change.

Why should Lichess make a public statement about one war, while ignoring all others?

Especially considering a statement from Lichess, such as, for example, banning russians or russian flag, would have no value or influence, what so ever.

Do you think Brazil, China or India will suddenly go?: "Wow, Lichess just banned the Russian flag, we better go woke on the floke!"

You think the UN, or any member states will care about what Lichess does?

No, of course not. They all have their own domestic issues to deal with, this war is just an extra burden for them, but not necessarily their prime issues.

I support Ukraine in this war. But the planet doesn't evolve around Ukraine.

And Lichess is a chess site, and they have always abstained itself from geopolitical issues.
They decided on this, long before this war even started.
<Comment deleted by user>
@RAMSESXIII said in #45:
> I’m just half Russian.
> And half pacifist.
Oh, dear half-blood prince, how do you think this war should end? Should russia lose and withdraw from all occupied Ukrainian territories including Donetsk, Luhansk and Crimea? Or is there another preferable option?
@kazanchess said in #27:
>...
> 4. okraine should stop following the ideas of Nazism, honoring the heroes of the Third Reich

Please inform yourself before writing nonsense. This is simply not true. The large majority of Ukrainian civilists and soldiers are neither far-right extremists nor nazis. See this video:

youtu.be/2gNp0PfK0CI

"What untruths is Russia spreading about Nazis in Ukraine?"
@NaturalBornTraveller said in #44:
> I didn't provide any answers, I provided a response to #1 in the form of questions.
>
> But why is this Ukrainian/russian war so much more important to you than, for example, those conflicts I mentioned in #41?
>
> The Ukraine/Russia war isn't the only current ongoing war on this planet. There are lots of them.
> Not to mention a huge ongoing global climate change.
>
> Why should Lichess make a public statement about one war, while ignoring all others?
>
> Especially considering a statement from Lichess, such as, for example, banning russians or russian flag, would have no value or influence, what so ever.
>
> Do you think Brazil, China or India will suddenly go?: "Wow, Lichess just banned the Russian flag, we better go woke on the floke!"
>
> You think the UN, or any member states will care about what Lichess does?
>
> No, of course not. They all have their own domestic issues to deal with, this war is just an extra burden for them, but not necessarily their prime issues.
>
> I support Ukraine in this war. But the planet doesn't evolve around Ukraine.
>
> And Lichess is a chess site, and they have always abstained itself from geopolitical issues.
> They decided on this, long before this war even started.
Because it's a war between a nuclear power that is confronting a country that is being backed by other nuclear powers - and proxy between two of the most powerful militaries in the world - in a region that hasn't seen a major war since the largest war in history
@RAMSESXIII said in #50:
>

Ok, I see ))) Then what makes you write your full of sense posts in political topics? Normally when people don't have interest or basic knowledge in the topic they remain silent...

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.