lichess.org
Donate

stupid way to lose a game.

my laptop disconnected for as i could see it, literally a few seconds, and as soon as i reconnected, i get prompted saying i lost the game by abandonment.

Disregarding how desperate my opponent must be to take cheap wins like that (not a comment i'll apologize for), i must ask how long it should normally take before lichess decides that i've been offline for long enough to warrant losing the game. Especially given that as far as i've seen i've been offline for a few seconds, then losing the game right after i reconnected. In real time i see myself going offline and being told i lost the game in the span of 5 seconds. And this wasn't a blitz or rapid game.
Why did you blunder away a piece in your first game against him?
I have a problem with the clock here. In some of my games, I see it's opponent's turn and his clock is running, there is no move. Then the clock goes to zero and nothing happens. Then I see in my profile that I lost on time.
The solution is to open a new tab, go to lichess and open the game in a second tab. The new tab clock is correct.
I believe that poster #1 has the same problem. I hope the developers fix this bug as soon as possible!
@Toadofsky I didn't have disconnect issues. My board and clock did not indicate that opponent has moved. It was shown only when I opened the game again in a new tab. It happened in several recent games. Please help.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.