lichess.org
Donate

Lichess ban policy

Hello,

I am an alt account used for blindfold only.
My main account was chat-banned after I made some jokes involving some filthy language.

Now what happens when you are chat-banned -- or more accurately, muted -- is you can still use chats and forums whatever you write there, only other muted members can read.

I think this is a wrong policy from Lichess. If you are to be baned from chats and forum, you should be made unable to post, not able to post messages that only other punished accounts can read.
Indeed, some muted persons regularly post insults or even worse, openly racist comments. Okay, I made some jokes that were not appropriate, and maybe it's fair that I am not allowed to post any more, but why would I have to read this kind of outrageous comments that are spared to most of the members? Just because I made inappropriate jokes, I should endure troll, insults, racism and so on?
I think this is particularly humiliating and degradating from Lichess, and I hope they will change this policy as soon as possible.

One final comment, what even is the purpose of muting members instead of just blocking them from the forum and the chat? Did someone expect that they will never notice that they are muted, and thus not open a new account? If that's so, let me say that people are not that dumb, and after a while you rapidly realize that nobody answers you, or that mods seems not to care any more about inappropriate things you say, or someone who has also been muted informs you, and it's pretty easy to check whether or not you have been muted.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.