lichess.org
Donate

Puzzle Problem...Just realized this...this is stupid.

Okay...so was just doing puzzles...and realized it says the games its from on the side of the puzzle....

Well; if you click the game...it takes you directly to the move the puzzle is on...and provides the solution to the puzzle...this is for ALL Puzzles.... This needs to be fixed...

I went into 4 puzzles after I realized this to check it out...and they all like that....
What is this a Open Book Test?
The Game ID/Players who played the game the puzzle is from should be hidden until the puzzle is completed.

NO, I have not been using this method. And never will. But obviously its a fact a lot of people would....so yea...lets not give away the answers to puzzles before they are solved....

So like here:

lichess.org/training/61077

The on the side it gives you a link for here:

Giving you arrows pointing to the ..best move...

So... is this supposed to be like this? Hells bells; thats completely illogical and ruins the point of puzzle rank :l
Exactly I have whinged about this before. It's ridiculous. Just wipe out any reference to the game; it is not needed. Talking about puzzles gotta solve the captcha now!
I'm not sure there's much ruining going on.

The puzzles here are untimed, so it's not exactly challenging to cheat on them even without a link to the source game.

If people want to cheat the puzzles they will. This particular feature does make it a bit easier, but I doubt cheating on the puzzles is widespread enough to substantially change the puzzle's ratings.

The fact that they're untimed probably has more effect than that there's a link to the game (and not just because of cheating, but because players can choose to spend as much time as they want on the puzzle, so players of roughly equal ability can have very different results just based on the time they choose to spend).

Ultimately, I don't think it's a big deal, but I agree that it certainly makes cheating a bit easier than it has to be. Probably simple enough to only expose the source game link once the puzzle's been solved. In fact, I think that's how it used to be done, unless my aging brain's malfunctioning :)
#3 "Probably simple enough to only expose the source game link once the puzzle's been solved."

I think as other changes were made (to puzzles, analysis, studies, and other board-related pages) that feature was difficult to keep working without breaking other features.
If you cheat on puzzles, you're not hurting anyone but yourself. Even though it might look a little weird, I don't think it matters too much.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.