lichess.org
Donate

I think it's time to have a "95% completion" green star or something...

@Neustart The Star of David originated long before the Holocaust. The six-pointed star is a symbol of Judiasm, not anti-semitism.

A simple Google search on the subject would have given you all the information you needed to know. Instead, you make a fool of yourself, railing against the Lichess moderators for not removing an "anti-semitic" image -- an image which is in fact a symbol of Jewish pride.
I think you should apologize for slandering the author of post #3, and for wasting the Lichess mods' time with your silly report.
@yabbadabbadooooooo

The swastika too originated earlier. Important is, what it means today. The same holds for protesting against perceived censorship with abusing symbols.

You're simply not knowing what is happening in the world or you try to disinform intentionally.

Btw ad personam:
- A simple google search is not to recommend. There are other search engines preferable for reasons not to discuss here.
- Additionally I am political aware since 50 years and have read a lot for my work against fascism and primary stages of this criminal movement.

Back to content: Using the star of david with the colour blue by the state Israel is intentional. Fascists did and do use it in yellow.

Back ad personam:
- So be cautious whom you call a fool. Maybe you should do it only if standing with the face to a mirror.
@yabbadabbadooooooo

You're welcome.

If I write something about this I try always to do it with respect to other people. In case I'm to harsh please don't keep your critics about my style back. If you don't want to do it in the forum I will accept it in a pm.

Have a nice day!
@yabbadabbadooooooo

To provide a bit more context: Jews were often forced to wear the color yellow, often with the six-pointed star (star of david), to mark them as an outsider, often with fewer legal protections and greater obligations (e.g. special taxes).

The visceral reaction to the star is because it was widely used throughout Germany and the Axis powers shortly after the invasion of Poland. This was at the end of increasing anti-semitic rhetoric and attacks, most notably Kristallnacht less than a year earlier which saw countless Jewish businesses, homes, and synagogues destroyed - and tens of thousands of Jews rounded up and arrested by German paramilitary forces.

This, in turn, made it easier to round-up and deport the remaining Jews to concentration camps. It was intentionally dehumanizing. However, Jews weren't the only undesirables and outsiders who were forced to wear identifying marks.

Other symbols included:
* Pink triangles for homosexuals.
* Brown triangles for Romani.
* Red triangles for political enemies, such as communists, social democrats, and liberals.

I hope this provides a bit more context from what @Neustart provided.

Wishing everyone peace, love, and beautiful mating patterns!
Thanks for the context, @Neustart and @chummer.
Doesn't change the fact that #3 is in bad taste, totally unnecessary for this thread and coming from a user named 88888888. Every german speaker knows what this looks like. Eight eights. I know what german google is showing me when I'm entering 88...

Hey @MYMChessphil, do you also know in the US about this 88 number?!
Mister @MYMChessphil, Mister @chummer, thank you very much for your contribution!
I see a big problem with a post like that from a member with a name like that, with symbols like that in his description. That's a big, fat series of coincidences.

I don't see how this post can survive for two days on such an, otherwise fantastic, site! I hope that's just staff shortage and not a loophole in the forum. If #3 is a decent post in this forum, and the observations made in #18 are in vain, how can I safely recommend this site to any children or families. With a signpost: Yeah, playing there is great, but PLEASE don't enter the forums?!

edit:
I did also send a request to the moderators and I suggest to anyone concerned to do the same.
Peace, Rawkward

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.