lichess.org
Donate

Forum limited by age

As I stated in this post lichess.org/forum/general-chess-discussion/can-bots-block-other-people?page=6 message number #52, and I would like to expand here:

It would be great if we could have a space (forum, single one or a set of them) to discuss in an appropriate level of "boring adults".

It would "naturally" filter off games of words, whining, games of tag, etc. I say "naturally" because I would rather let the forum be free, and if some "adult" want to post something like it, well, so be it. But he/she will probably get a different reaction from an older public than from an open forum.

We must remember that the "pyramid of age" have a bigger base for small ages. That is a fact. The "open internet" will always have more children than adults talking in any forum.

That is why I find it important to reserve a place for adults, without any form of prejudice towards children, as they will still have plenty of places to post.
@drbeco I think so because i felt this same thing sometimes when kids don't understand my thoughts and they start to argue....
When i tried to find adults in the forum, some people understood me wrong.... when i tried to find professionals in the forums, again some people took this thought as my ego.... really i'm looking a place where i can communicate with adult professionals who are open minded for new changes and thoughts.... A peaceful place where i can understand different people with their life experience....
maybe 3 different places: The "boring adult forums", the forums, and the little kid forums (advertisement goes here).
#4 but i don't want boring adults actually.... i like charming adults.....
Reading #5 I'm almost regretting the suggestion already.
I think we can make 2 different groups for adults. One can be "boring serious adults" and second "charming cool adults" and in my group i'll prefer people from (age group) 25 to 50 and other can be 50 + group.
How is this idea ??
50 year old: Hey, why do you YOUNG people always criticize us elderly?!?! We can be charming and cool, too! *flexes*
I believe kids cannot communicate.

Anyway I think this idea is not good to all youngs. Let them get involved.
@drbeco Unfortunately, It seems your suggestion has been overtaken by the Searchingyou Wars.

I understand the premise of your suggestion, but there are some problems with the implementation. Chief amongst them is the fact that lichess seems pretty opposed to the idea of opaqueness on the site (note how it is impossible to make a team forum in which non-members can't read the posts). Another is the fact that lichess would likely be unable to enforce the age requirement-- ToS actually state that users need to be 16 years or older to use the lichess services without parental supervision or kid mode, so the very fact that the demand for an "adult" forum exists shows the difficulty of enforcement.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.