lichess.org
Donate

Rx580 with a core i 5 6500, or an i7 3570

Can anyone tell me, if the i5 6th gen will bottleneck my 8gb rx580? so should i get the i5 6th or the i7 3rd gen.. I tried an online bottleneck calculator, but it said, that there will be 20% bottleneck with the i5 6th gen.. But i did some research, and came to the conclusion that online bottleneck calculators are not reliable, and can give very unreliable results.. So will the i5 6th gen bottleneck the 8gb rx580?And there are no AMD CPUs available, where i am from.. i am a beginner to this PC building business. .. i am getting a good deal with the i5 6th gen, but i want to know will it bottleneck my graphics card?
...🤯

Edited: I now nothing about computer and computer software...
But perhaps, explain what you want your computer to do?
Which kind of programs do you wanna run?
Gaming computer, casual, or work computer?
I can't help you, but I can see you need to elaborate your question to get a reply.
@scorpion_clone sorry. I can't help you. But perhaps explain what you want your computer to do?
Even if this is a chess forum, I am sure there are people who can answer you.
I am asking if the said GPU and the i5 are a good match for each other, and will the i5 6500 be able to fully utilize the GPU? Simple...
Dude, do you even know what bottlenecking is???? There is a very simple answer to my question.. please anyone else..
@scorpion_clone Short answer, depends in which games you will play. If you mean new games like past year or two, it will, older than that it won't bottleneck. Longer answer, don't even bother with any of these CPUs, here's why:

There is no such CPU as i7-3570. I assume you meant i5-3570. Both these CPUs are outdated at this point and both of them use different sockets, so at least for one of these options you will have to also buy a new MOBO. You also have no upgrade path for both of these CPUs. It's a dead end not worth any money.

4c/4t is obsolete for quite some time now and it won't hold well against any of the newer games. This will be much more visible after the release (Q3/Q4 2020) of PS5 that will have an 8c/16t AMD CPU based on Zen2 architecture and consoles usually determine the threshold to how far developers will design their games in terms of hardware usage.

You can be sure that most games released after 2020 will use up to 8c/16t and 4 threads just won't be enough. Why won't you wait for the availability of R5 1600 AF, which should cost around 80-100$ and basically is a rebranded R5 2600, so it's not really a 1st gen but 2nd gen Ryzen on a 12nm process. You get 6c/12t, 2-3 times greater multitasking than in these crappy i5s and the single thread is also stronger, since it's the smaller and newer technological process than 14nm in 6th gen i5 and 22nm in 3th gen i5.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.