lichess.org
Donate

The moves Kf1 and Kf8 are mouseslips 100% of the time

How about a dialog box, "do you really want to play Kf1/ Kf8? It is obviously a mouseslip."

This is a great idea and i am a genius for coming up with it.
There are many times in which Kf1/Kf8 are played. The mouse slips I make are not pushing the pawn far enough and sometimes this happens with the sliding pieces. Just imagine how many times this dialog would pop up.

There is an option to verify every move. Either waste time with the constant pop ups or live with your mistakes.
Kf1/ kf8 are mouseslips 100% of the time.

The fact that mouseslips other than Kf1/Kf8 occur is irrelevant. Sometimes Qd5 is a mouseslip, sometimes bxc6 is a mouseslip, but they aren't mouseslips 100% of the time.

kf1/Kf8 is a mouseslip 100% of the time.

That you can't see the brilliance of my idea is a sad commentary on your life.
I frequently trade king position fro activity I'd say it is a mouse slip 5% of the time for me lol
I do not believe that Kf8/Kf1 is 100% a mouse slip. I play about 4 good lines in which I move my king to f8/f1 and it is a good move.
@adondevamos Kf1/Kf8 aren't mouse slips 100% of the time. Maybe for someone like you it is, but not for everyone--as others have said.

The "brilliance" of your idea only serves you. As you also admitted, there are other mouse slips, but trying to satisfy everyone without causing more frustration by pop ups would be impossible. Also, as stated in my previous post, there is the option to verify every move. Choose your fate and stop bothering the good programmers with your inane problems.
There should be a warning like: „Do you really want to play online chess with all its consequences? Complaining afterwards about the agreed rules will lead to a ban.“
Good grief. The feedback & suggestion section is so cancerous.

Someone has something THEY think is a good idea; and they...have the gall...to post...it ... in the feedback & suggestions section....

@adondevamos
You could set your moves to always request confirmation.
I realize this would be impossible in anything except 5 min + due to the time loss from confirming; but its a thought.
lichess.org/account/preferences/game-behavior

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.