lichess.org
Donate

Won three local otb tournaments with 100% each at the end of 2018

Just for the sake of bragging: won three local otb tournaments with 100% each at the end of 2018.

-Bezirkseinzelmeisterschaft ("district" ch) with 5/5
-Bezirkspokal ("district" Cup, k.o.) with 4/4
-our club ch with 7/7!

All played with a more or less classical time period, say 4-hour games.

In the two Bezirks ch I was top of the setlist, only a small rating improvement. +26 in the club championship though. I will overtake my FIDE Elo with the national rating which is now at a all-time high, DWZ 2182.
Most German players have a lower national rating compared to the international one so this is rather considered the "harder currency". A nice achievement after 30 years in the chess (monkey) business.

One game against the strongest player in those three competitions, Black has 2250 FIDE Elo. Sarg0n white.

Congrats @Sarg0n, we always knew you were a beast!

What does DWZ mean, please? And how often do you play OTB tournaments? Cheers!

MR
Thanks! DWZ is the German equivalent to Elo, in the majority of cases somewhat lower on amateur level. Not few amateurs with 1800-1900 DWZ have an FIDE Elo >2000. The „harder currency“.

My DWZ index is 217, means 217 evaluated tournaments up to 11 rounds. So it should be 1000-2000 single games.
Actually I „overtook“ my Elo with my DWZ which is rather not the usual case. Some youth players who lack FIDE rated tournaments, that happens.

By the way, the median of all German players is DWZ 1550.
Did you earn anything toward NM or IM or FM or GM? (Because, seriously, given some of the contributions I've seen from you, "CM," just feels off-the-mark.)

Oh, and, BTW: Congrats.
Thanks. Although I have had decent results against FMs, IMs and GMs they are stronger, generally speaking.

(NM is neither a German nor a FIDE title so I don't know.)
Well, the green monster in me wants to say, "big deal" but the chess enthusiast in me says, "way to go!".

I did manage to win a lichess tournament way back in December of last year. It was an under 1700 blitz and I won all 9 of my games. Admittedly I had some fortunate pairings but I didn't cheat (I hate cheaters). I still keep a pic of the tournament results on my cell phone.

Congrats on your good play.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.