lichess.org
Donate

Why is my rapid 1500?

I like the split, 8 0 and 180 180 should not be the same category. And the problems with the ratings is only temporary.
ok well as long as the rating colors get changed, im fine. its hurting my eyes.
The 1st rapid OTB games were 20 minutes/ side.
Every new game started at the top of the hour.
20 minutes per player = 40 minutes of play... leaving a 20 minute break for the players and time for the organizers to pair the next round.
Tournament would typically have 3 rds. in am. and 4 in pm.
This is really messed up i don't get what the point of this! i mean worked so hard for my classical rating and this happens wow!!
Yea... well lichess had to catch up with the times.
At it's start up , somebody obviously was not in tune with the standard time controls played OTB and at other chess sites. A 10 minute game is NOT a classical time control. If lichess ratings are to be respected, a rapid designation was mandatory. (Although the limit should have been 20 minutes... they can't get everything right.)
so i was wondering will i get my classical rating back??
Yep. Ratings are "migrating" to a bigger server.. Mine has caught up along with current games, but not my past history of games.
My correspondence rating shows up as " a yellow dotted line". I might have to quit playing correspondence if it remains yellow. Please anything else, red, blue, brown, grey... anything but yellow!

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.