lichess.org
Donate

Penguin has almost reached 3200 Elo, that's incredible

He is not this good a player, but should somehow be superior to @Sarg0n, the CM??? I don't get it, seems to be about speed only. How well are you able to handle your touchpad? Ridiculo...
Ok, bullet chess skill and classical chess skill are correlated, who would have thought!?

Also..there's a substantial difference in those two for penguin (even though he's better than 99.95+% of players in classical anyway), so what is the point!?

can we get a Kanaan vs Subomega match? The same voice that warned Socrates promises great things if this where to happen.
Andrew Tang is a strong player regardless of time control. He's a GM that has maintained his >2500 standard rating while attending university. I don't think he needs a bunch of people questioning his skills. He plays bullet because he enjoys it, he has a good mind for it, and his schedule doesn't always permit tournament or longer play. Worry about your own progression. He's not trying to climb to the 2700 club, and if you are, the best of luck to you. I'm reminded of when Hikaru said that Firouzja was ruining his classical and OTB progression by playing 30-second games all the time. I'd say the results speak for themselves. They're only five places apart on the live ratings for standard (classical) and Firouzja is actively gaining rating. And look who was knocked out of the World Cup faster. The kid is stunning online and OTB. That whole argument that speed chess ruins your classical proclivities is only true if you stop putting in the work. Tang just has other priorities, and we should respect that.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.