lichess.org
Donate

I am playing chess for 3 years .My rating is 640 here. How to improve?

I was on chess (another platform) . Now I moved here. Where I was 250 rating . I solved thousands of puzzles and tactics . But I m not improving. How to improve?
<Comment deleted by user>
@vineet199 said in #1:
> I was on chess (another platform) . Now I moved here. Where I was 250 rating . I solved thousands of puzzles and tactics . But I m not improving. How to improve?
so on chess.com you were 250 rated, 640 rating here is pretty normal.
just solving puzzles and tactics wont help, you have to be able to apply them in the game, which has limited time, you should try out puzzle storm [lichess.org/storm] or chess.com's puzzle rush [timed] if you have premium membership
also some YouTube channels i would suggest
www.youtube.com/c/GothamChess [1500+]
www.youtube.com/c/ChessVibesOfficial [1000+}
www.youtube.com/c/ChessTalk [ for players below 2000 ]
Make sure that every move you make makes sense. For example 1. e4 or 1. d4 controls the center which is important in the opening phase.
Also attacking pieces with tempo gives you momentum so it is often useful to attack a piece even if there is no direct benefit.

When I started chess I had the problem of making random moves. Do not do that.
Play classical and think before moves I can't do this very well myself but if you can do it even a little you will gain like 700 points in less than a month. At least 1200.

Here 2.nf6 is really bad. If white plays dxe5 they can make your knight move around a lot as in the engine line. Your games are at least 900 not 600. After reaching 900 you can watch youtube videos (they helped me go from 900 to 1300.) Almost everything I know about chess came from youtube videos. You can also see the chess basics and practice section in lichess too. Check for blunders ig. Hope you improve soon.
"... Logical Chess [(Batsford edition by Chernev)] ... a collection of 33 games ... is definitely for beginners and players who are just starting to learn about development, weak squares, the centre, standard attacking ideas, and the like. In many ways, it would [be] a wonderful 'first' book (or first 'serious' book, after the ones which teach the rules and elementary mates, for example), and a nice gift for a young player just taking up chess. ..." - IM John Watson (1999)
http://theweekinchess.com/john-watson-reviews/assorted-recent-books

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.