lichess.org
Donate

how can this puzzle be rated over 2200?? this is a 1000 rating puzzle imho

I needed 15 seconds to solve it, so I think it isn't that easy. Queen traps are often rated over 2200 Idk why. Could be less too. Generally puzzle rating is inflated so...
If this was bullet, I would play Rxb7 instead and miss the queen trap as simple puzzles like these can still be tricky :)
I thought of Qxf6 and Rxb7 first. These types of puzzles are meant for 2200+, not patzers like me who miss basic tactics every day.
Me, I got it on my first try in like 3 seconds. Very easy but probably more challenging without info that it was simple. Looking at f7 and stuff like that would be normal. Just my opinion though.
@A_0123456 Actually, I thought of the same thing (especially since Qf6 seemed a natural reaction to Black's last move).

I had to punch in to get the solution. However, I'm pretty sure that if it was a game I would've noticed the trap (especially since I just played my king in close to set it up). ;)

That incidentally could be a problem with placing too great an emphasis on solving problems. Such positions are randomly generated (from the solver's point of view)...whereas (as I've said before) a game is not just a series of more or less random positions, but more like a story that's unfolding.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.