lichess.org
Donate

How can my tactical level be 2000+ while my FIDE rating is just 1108?

I recently joined lichess and my I've seen that my tactical level had climbed up rapidly to 2000+ while my standard rating is 1700+. Still, my FIDE is just 1108 and I loose lots of games in tournaments. How can this happen and do you have any solutions?
There are a number of reasons that this could be the case. The most likely is that, while you are able to identify a correct tactic when prompted, you may have trouble actually identifying situations in-game where tactics can occur
I'd have to ask you to share your games, then you analyze them, to understand what you're doing wrong...
tactics rating is completely unreliable

it is a simple measure to give you new tactics around the same level you are at.

Still, my classical rating is 1700+ so that means I should be about 1450-1550 FIDE. And I agree with the tactical rating: I have seen player who were 1400+ tactic and 2000+ in classical.
Darkmatter first you havent done enough games and tactics, to have reliable number. Second your opponents didnt play so well.
I guess the difference in standard ratings are even higher than your estimates. Your bullet and blitz ratings are in the 1300s, that's clearly more a 1100 than a 1450 FIDE rated player.

Overall, there is also a difference between playing on screen, likely at home and playing in a tournament hall. The time controls are also very different. Even in your 15+15 games you'll have of the time or even less than in a otb standard game. How much of the time do you need in your otb games?
Online ratings are unreliable.

Ratings with low sample size are unreliable (how many FIDE rated games do you have?).

Online ratings with low sample size are even more unreliable (6 classical games and 56 puzzles is as good as nothing).

You should not try to read anything into them.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.