lichess.org
Donate

Hit 2400 in bullet; tips for 2500

To be precise, only played hyper.
Took 4 months to reach from 2300 to 2400, was quite tiring, but there is a long way to go.
Pls do give me some tips for reaching 2500 in bullet.
Regards
@MohammadAayanKhan said in #1:
> To be precise, only played hyper.
> Took 4 months to reach from 2300 to 2400, was quite tiring, but there is a long way to go.
> Pls do give me some tips for reaching 2500 in bullet.
> Regards

Congrats @MohammadAayanKhan and Do puzzles everyday to improve
Well, I may not be qualified to give a 2400 suggestions because I always play 1+0 and I'm only 2200.
But, from a logical view, bullet mostly comprises of tactical tricks and flagging, with the flagging element more evident in Hyper bullet.

Since you're already 2400, (that's insane ! Congrats !) you must be really fast already.To get better, you could improve your mouse-skills/ reflexes.You could try some apps/websites like Aim-booster or Don't tap which improve mouse accuracy. What's your CPS btw ?

As the ratings go higher , the player pool is a bit more stronger.As bullet chess is predominantly tactics and tricks, puzzle storm should really help a lot.You could also do the normal puzzles at a faster pace to improve your ability to spot tactics.

Improve on your general and overall chess strength as well , don't neglect that, it'll really help.Look at Magnus , he is so good at bullet cause his overall chess is so good, he is able to implement what he has learned into his bullet games most of the time and his experience in long formats have helped him in his online bullet victories.

If your overall chess strength doesn't improve then the chances of rapid development at bullet will be more unlikely, especially beyond the 2200+ level.
@MohammadAayanKhan I think you should aim for 2500 for rapid. Because over the board chess contains only blitz, rapid and classical. Achieving 2500 rapid/blitz/classical goal should prove worthy. There is no bullet chess in over the board.
You can also start playing chess960.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.