lichess.org

Hikaru won ~ $42,000 on Lichess.

So recently the Agadmator CakeDeFi tournament (i think it's called) resumed and finished. -- it had been paused and only resumed for the finishing part, a few days ago. Hikaru had been in the lead before the cancelation, and ended up winning first place.

I don't know what the 2nd and 3rd places' prizes were, but fairly substantial. I remember reading $12,000 but can't find the source of it, and one thing on Agadmator said 2nd place is 2500 DFI, or about $10k. So, something good.

But Naka won a whole single Bitcoin, which, apparently, is quite a lot st present. Right at the moment it is 43,271.90 USD.

So congrats I suppose. He won it with 154 points, and Andrew Tang got 2nd with 142. Good job all..

Here he is streaming it, including a win over Magnus (Magnus played the bong-cloud, but then dropped his Queen by moving it to a square guarded only by the Knight on e2, which could be taken with check.)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EPkzcbkOBcg

Hikaru also played a bullet match with Tang, in which neither player overwhelmed -- and he consistently praises Lichess software as being "much faster" than Chess.com's.

It left him a little confused at times, because he said, "On Chess.com we would have like 25 seconds, instead of 50 seconds as we do on here." (Paraphrased.)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aC4rJjancC0

Anyway good job guys. I never knew we could win $43 k Lichess..

Now I do. ^^

@Sarg0n
@Lasker5
@edot12345

Congratulations Hikaru and the Chess community!

@EarlyLight said in #1:
> So recently the Agadmator CakeDeFi tournament (i think it's called) resumed and finished. -- it had been paused and only resumed for the finishing part, a few days ago. Hikaru had been in the lead before the cancelation, and ended up winning first place.
>
> I don't know what the 2nd and 3rd places' prizes were, but fairly substantial. I remember reading $12,000 but can't find the source of it, and one thing on Agadmator said 2nd place is 2500 DFI, or about $10k. So, something good.
>
> But Naka won a whole single Bitcoin, which, apparently, is quite a lot st present. Right at the moment it is 43,271.90 USD.
>
> So congrats I suppose. He won it with 154 points, and Andrew Tang got 2nd with 142. Good job all..
>
> Here he is streaming it, including a win over Magnus (Magnus played the bong-cloud, but then dropped his Queen by moving it to a square guarded only by the Knight on e2, which could be taken with check.)
>
>
>
>
> Hikaru also played a bullet match with Tang, in which neither player overwhelmed -- and he consistently praises Lichess software as being "much faster" than Chess.com's.
>
> It left him a little confused at times, because he said, "On Chess.com we would have like 25 seconds, instead of 50 seconds as we do on here." (Paraphrased.)
>
>
>
>
> Anyway good job guys. I never knew we could win $43 k Lichess..
>
> Now I do. ^^
>
> @Sarg0n
> @Lasker5
> @edot12345

why u ping me?

#7 I think he means that they made new names that appear in the Agadmator Christmas arena.

Reconnecting