lichess.org
Donate

2000 Rating

<Comment deleted by user>
'how can I reach 2000 fast?' ~ Chess: 'Fast improvement'‽ Ew. What is that even‽ (That sign's (‽) an Interrobang—an Exclamation and Question mark in one—BTW.)

---

My advice:

• Play + analyse 2–3 Rapid games daily.

• Take long breaks when stuck.

• Do daily physical exercise.

• Watch YouTubers.

• Rinse repeat.
@VeerKumar22

What have worked best for you so far?
(do more of that)

What felt like a waste of time?
(don't do that anymore)
@VeerKumar22

You absolutely can reach 2000 fast!

Some random tips:

* play stronger opponents (your winrate is too high, which means that you play too many weak players)

* train Puzzle Streak, it is a good indication of your tactical progress

* contrary to popular opinion, you don't have to spend your time learning endgames to reach 2000 fast

* you play Open Sicilian, so you may learn how to play against Najdorf and Dragon
( I recommend you this repertoire: www.chessable.com/short-sweet-logozars-1e4-repertoire/course/27530/ )

* after 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. d4 exd4 4. Bc4 Bc5 5. c3 dxc3 6. Bxf7+! Kxf7 7. Qd5+ Kf8 8. Qxc5+ d6
you don't have to take the c3 pawn with your Queen, you can play Qc4! or Qe3 - c3 is better left for your horsie

* as Black, maybe it's time to stop playing Blackburne Shilling Gambit (also known as Schilling-Kostic) and go for Nf6 or Bc5
( 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bc4 and now Nf6 or Bc5 instead of the trappy Nd4, it won't be good enough anymore )

* learn Ruy Lopez as Black
( this looks like a good start: www.chessable.com/short-sweet-3-g6-ruy-lopez/course/116606/ )

* after 1. d4 d5 2. c4 e6 3. Nc3 c5 4. cxd5 exd5 5. dxc5 don't play Bxc5 immediately, it's a big mistake, play d4!

See you reaching 2000 soon!

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.