lichess.org
Donate

1900 first time ever!

After 6 years I've finally broke the 1900 wall in blitz and classical!
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh
@rickrenegade #1
Congrats ! :)

Now <whispering voice> ... between you and me, what was the secret ingredient for this success ?
:) haha

You tell me lol. I can only dream of stretching to your rating...
@rickrenegade
Well, and do not forget that it's not just about reaching a qualification, it's about staying in it
Big Congrats Professor! First time I started beating 1800s and 1900s, I'd write them paragraphs about how honored I was to play them. I know how you feel. Chess only gets fun at 1800. If you ever want to study, let me know.
@rickrenegade Apologies Rick! I thought The Professor had posted this. Congrats man!

I was going to go on a long sermon about not letting the rating psych you out, and how worrying about losing points causes bad gameplay...

...but then today I cracked 2000 for the first time ever...

...and I can't lie...

I can't help but care. I've wanted 2000 for a very long time.

I'll take a day to celebrate it, and then I'll FORGET ABOUT IT and just keep trying to find good moves. Who cares about ratings!

***Chess is ALL about enjoying the mathematics, the science, the artistry, the creation, the argument, the debate, that is 'chess'.***

-

I won't be calling 2000 my "high score" because I don't intend for it to be my ceiling.

When the sky is the limit, and you confuse the sky with your ceiling, you'll never see the stars past your own roof.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.