lichess.org
Donate

imrpoving to 1700

Hello, I believe i am a 1600 player even though I'm currently ranked a bit lower. However, don't think id be able to reach 1700 with ease, is there anything I should do in particular? or stuff 1700 players do that 1600 players dont
@nicksypilicksy As everyone will say. Do puzzles, and play slower time controls such as 40+5. Turn on move confirmation, and make sure that all of your moves are not blunders.
There is nothing magical about 1600 or 1700 or 1800 or 2000.
Stop playing bullet and blitz, play rapid and classical only.
Use all the time allowed by the time control. See example game below.
Activate move confirmation in your profile: think about your move, play it, check it is no blunder, confirm.
Whenever you lose a game, analyse it.
Train tactics until your puzzle rating exceeds your desired rating.
Study "Chess Fundamentals" by Capablanca
@nicksypilicksy , immerse your self in tactics. Its that simple. If you want to reach 1800, just do tons of high quality tactics. there are plenty of free tactic PDFs out there.
Use lichess training 30+ minutes a day as well, and make sure you thoroughly each puzzle before moving on. If you have questions you can ask me or any other higher rated player who will help.
15+10 is all right too. Real chess is 90+30...
Confirmation move is important if you improve to 1200. To get to 1700 I would typically advise to improve opening a little, improve endgame considerably play classical or at least 15+10 games and of course do more puzzles.
NUmber 1 tip, DO NOT, AND I MEAN DO NOT EVER play like Komokid.
Does anyone know of any good free puzzle websites? Besides lichess?

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.