lichess.org
Donate

Game that made my heart beat 150+ bpm

Disclaimer: it isn't a great game. My knight went on quite a journey at the start for no good reason.
I'm not 100% sure if playing f6 during this game was right, but it was recommended by stockfish in a similar situation (white with pawns on f4 and e5) so i decided to give it a shot.
I was nervous from the start because I was playing a 1800, which doesn't make much sense because I've beaten 1800s before, but I haven't played much blitz lately so it got to me. I think that was one of the major factors that contributed to me not taking the free piece in move 24. I thought there must something I was missing so I just played for simplification with the passed e pawn.
Then, I felt I didn't quite know how to make progress.
For some reason, I tried activating my king, but that was clearly not happening.
Around move 43, I realized that I had no idea how to make progress and didn't want to lose on time so I started playing fast waiting for a mistake from him or for a miraculous plan to fall on my lap. I didn't find anything, but I did manage to throw the game away by allowing 48.Rf8. I didn't see it during the game and neither did my opponent. That was also the perfect moment to play e4.
He could've gained control of the game after capturing the a7 pawn, but he was playing pretty fast to try to flag me so he blundered allowing me to queen the e pawn.
And this is where the game should've ended, but this wouldn't be a post by a 1600, if there wasn't a missed mate in one. Well, actually, I missed it twice and that, ladies and gentlemen, is when the game truly began because now I had 1 second to mate being up a rook. What a thrill that was!
I measured my cardiac frequency after 30 seconds of rest and it was still at 126 bpm.
<Comment deleted by user>
@kiritolemon Wow those are some nice skills... I would hate to be either of your opponents, I have one of my own torture games, hold up I will just go and find it, then I will post it here

Here it is, I know I played amazing in this match, to be honest, I think that was the best match I have ever played.
pls ignore the fact that I was playing an actual bot...
I was torturing someone from a discord chat for daring to challenge me the other day and I won all of them, 2 by resignation and 1 by checkmate. I am only really good at classical mode, but decent at rapid I guess.
quick torture game for fun

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.